This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 11 November 2012

Sisters - CSI Case File #45

Hi Everyone

I hope that you are having a super weekend and that you are at least finding a little time to scrap and be creative.


I had some fun this morning, creating another layout for CSI. This challenge was such a great one and I loved the colours.



I had this really sweet photo of my sister and I, and I have been wanting to scrap it for quite a while now, and this was the perfect opportunity.

Here was my creation.

I used Echo Park papers, Dots and stripes and This and That, with Crate Paper Toy Box stickers. The stamps used were Chiswick, with a Design Worx chippie, Pink Paislee alphas and Prima flowers.
I did some pencil shadings on the background, but with the lighting, it does not show up so much.

The journalling says this:
Once upon a time, there were 2 sisters. They loved to play "housey house" with their dolls and teddies and tell stories of faraway lands and adventures! They had an entire enchanted garden to playn in, with fearsome trees to climb and conquer and rescue helpless and injured animals! Life was a playground, full of excitement and woven tales!

Here are some close-ups.





This layout certainly brought back some memories.

Thanks for visiting today!
Hope you have a restful and happy Sunday!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Denise! And I love how your journaling is like a little story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! yu always do such a great job with CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must really try to make time for CSI again! Love the fun that one has solving their cases! Love your journalling Denise...and such a precious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the muted colours in this layout. I love the photo and I love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Denise! Lovely use of the colors...great journaling. Love that wood grain (tape? stamping?) on the bottom! Great touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just too gorgeous! Love this great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious, love the photograph... the journaling, and your layout design is 'wow factor'...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty layout! I love the muted colour scheme & how calm it all is...

    ReplyDelete